It’s that time of year when any day could be a good day to pull out the ATV and set off on an adventure. But, there’s more to enjoying a day on the back of your ATV than merely backing it out of the garage or shed. You need to make sure your ATV is up to whatever conditions you are heading into. Prepping your ATV with the right preventive maintenance and ATV synthetic engine oil is top of the list.
Is Your ATV Ready for Adventure with AMSOIL ATV Oil?
You have dressed in the proper clothing – lightweight long sleeves and pants- pulled out your helmet and gloves, and donned your boots. However, before you hop on your ATV, fire up the engine, and head down the trail, here are some key actions to make part of your adventure prep.
No, not the list of places you want to explore, but your checklist for ensuring a smooth ride. After all, you won’t get to have as much fun if your ATV stalls out mid-adventure! Standard things to check before an ATV trip include:
- The gas tank – You don’t want to run out of fuel on the trail and find yourself abandoning your ATV or having to push it back home or to camp!
- Brakes – Going fast is great, but being able to stop when needed is a must!
- Tire pressure – This is a must for a smooth and safe ride! Also, if riding in cooler weather, tires will lose one psi for every 10 degrees in temperature change, so you need to account for this as well.
- Check the oil – Your ATV’s engine needs oil to work; low levels or dirty oil will make your engine work harder. It can also cause damage that’s expensive to repair. Keep your engine operating at its best by using synthetic oil from AMSOIL, which you can buy from Buy Great Oil. Let your ATV warm up before hitting the trail during winter ATV excursions. This will heat the oil and keep the engine running smoothly.
Grab Your Toolkit (Including ATV Oil)
Unanticipated things happen on the trail, but you don’t have to panic. Having a toolkit with these items will make those unexpected moments easier.
- A screwdriver
- A few wrenches
- Extra nuts and bolts
- A tow line or wench
- Fasteners- zip ties, duct tape, super glue
- Tire plug kit
- Tire pressure gauge
- An extra can of gas
- Extra bottle oil
Trouble on the trail happens. Be prepared by having basic first aid supplies, extra water, snacks, and a change of clothes on hand.
Finally, don’t forget your phone! Whether calling for help due to a mechanical problem, an accident, or for the benefit of GPS – having your phone charged and ready is always wise!
When it comes to exploring on your ATV, it is essential to do all you can to make it a safe and fun day. Plan ahead, ensure your ATV is ready to roll and take basic precautions. Then, go out there and have a blast!